ICAI Introduce Certificate of Service for Exam registration | Download Form

ICAI Introduces new system called as “Declaration/ Certificate of Service” for CA Student/ candidate who is appearing CA Final/ IPCC Examination May 2017 and Onwards.

Hence CA Student scanned image of such certificate duly fill details, sign and need to upload while applying for the exam online. No Need To Send Such Exam Application form to Institute. it Looks like ICAI now Digitilizing its Operation.

Note: As of Now Certificate of Service is not applicable to regular IPCC students i.e who not opted for Direct Entry Route.

Some Instances As Follows:

• ICAI to Discontinue Physical Exam Forms which required to submit at branch
  • No need to Courier the Print Out or no need to send
  • Just Download Format => Fill details => Sign =>Scanned Image => Upload Image at time registration of Exam
  • This Certificate of Service shall be signed be the Principal Chartered Accountant.

Note: Candidates may note that uploading of Certificate of Service as applicable to them is a mandatory requirement.

procedure of certifying Certificate of Service

The process of Certifying ‘Declaration/ Certificate of Service’ As Follows:

1. Download For whichever applicable and print in A4 paper.
  2. Fill the Information such name and Registration No. of Student, Name and membership details of Member
  3. Sign by student, Sign and Attest Membership Steal of member
  4. After that take Image from mobile camera and load on computer
  5. Reduce image size by (Scanned image Size should be 100 to 200 KB) using compression from Microsoft image viewer or Picasa or any other software.
  6. Your Certificate is ready to Upload

Note: For Filling Information In Form Student may confuse with New Articles No. and Old Registration no. For This new Reg. No. starts with WRO/SRO etc. So, if your Registration Number starts with NRO, SRO, WRO, CRO or ERO, then you just need to

hence if your Registration No. starts with NRO, SRO, WRO, CRO or ERO then you just need to ignore that ‘Old Article Regn No Field’ and Just enter your regular Reg. No in the second column (New Unique Reg. Number).

Download Format of Declaration/Certificate of Service

Student Need To Download “Declaration/Certificate of Service” Form Applicable to Them from institute website http://icaiexam.icai.org/

Download Format of Declaration Certificate of Service

We Provided Such Download Link of “Declaration/Certificate of Service” Form Applicable to Them, (Such Link is from Institute Website) as follows:

Download Format of Declaration/Certificate of Service
Details of Declaration/Certificate of Service Click For Download
CPT
Declaration Format for CPT-June 2017 Applicants Download [PDF]
Intermediate (IPC)
Certificate of Service Format for candidates who registered for/converted to Intermediate (IPC) course under the Direct Entry Scheme under the category Graduates/Post Graduates Download [PDF]
Candidates who registered for Intermediate (IPC) course through CPT route and appeared in the Intermediate (IPC) Examination in one or both groups but did not pass any of the group/s and converted to Intermediate (IPC) under the Direct Entry Scheme and commenced practical training on or before 30th April 2017  Download [PDF]
Final
Certificate Of Service For Candidates Who Have Completed Their Articleship  Download [PDF]
The Certificate Of Service For Candidates Who Are Going To Complete Their Articleship On Or Before 30th April 2017 Download [PDF]
Certificate Of Service – For Candidates PE-II And Converted From PE-II To IPCC or Converted From PE-II To PCC Or From PE-II To PCC And Then IPCC  Download [PDF]
The Certificate Of Service – For PCC or Converted from PCC to IPCC Download [PDF]
Certificate Of Service – (For Intermediate and IPCC)  Download [PDF]

FAQ – Who is required to Upload Certificate of Service (COF)?

Following are the table that who need to submit Certificate of Service online.

who need to submit Certificate of Service online For Exam Registration
Details of candidate need to submit or not Duly Sign by
CA Final candidates and Direct Entry candidates of Intermediate (IPC) route are required to scan and upload their Certificate of Service their Principal/s.
Students who have already completed their Articleship training can get their Certificate of Service their Principal or any other Practicing Chartered Accountant.
Students undergoing last 6 Months of  Articleship training are only required to submit the Certificate of Service their Principal only.
So Certificate of Service is not applicable to regular IPCC students

If You have any Query then please Comment…

43 Comments

1. Shivkumar says:
    my articles gets completed on 1st july 2017 including excess leave which format of certificate of service is applicable to me.Please reply
    • Ashoksinh says:
      Hallo. Thanks for your comment.
      As you serving under last 6 month of articleship will completing before 31 Oct. 2017
      Form: certificate Of Service – (For Intermediate and IPCC) applicable. I.e last form of final as above.
      And need to sign by your principal only
  2. Raj says:
    I have to give IPCC exam on may 2017 I had completed my articleship on 01/11/2016 so which form I had to scan and upload either certificate of service of complete d articleship or 9 month completion articleship
    • Newser says:
      if you are from direct entry scheme then you need to download form “Certificate of Service Format for candidates who registered for/converted to Intermediate (IPC) course under the Direct Entry Scheme under the category Graduates/Post Graduates”i.e 1st of ipc as above with Signature of Principal
  3. Su says:
    I’m taking transfer on 10th Feb 2017. My final attempt is May’17 Who will sign my certificate of service completion? New principal or ask my old principal to sign it?
    • Ashoksinh says:
      Hallo,Thanks for your comment.
      in the certificate stated that “Mr./Ms____________________________________ is presently serving under me as an articled assistant /audit assistant” as you presently serving under new Principal, you need to sign by new principal.
      • Su says:
        It’s not updated as of now that I’m registered under new principal. They will not raise any query regarding that?
        • Ashoksinh says:
          Probably no, As far I know and Also discuss with CA they said is not a major issue. if ICAI has some issue then they send you the letter regarding the issue and asked for such info to sent back.
          As you already submitted for transfer you can sign by new principal.

if you want and it is possible to sign from old principal then you can do (may*better to write old date in such form i.e 9/2/2017 in CoS) and upload.
          ICAI never stop you to give Exam for normal issues.

4. S says:
    I did mistake in completion date of my articleship and uploaded certificate of service. Is there any remedy ?
    • Newser says:
      You already uploaded hence you cannot change.
      don’t worry, if ICAI see some problem then they send you to letter for the issue and asked you to send back form, with information asked in that form (may be before or after the exam).
      still, you able to give exam.(it better to take right ‘certificate of service’ with sign by principal or member at time attending Exam)
  5. Nikita Bhatia says:
    Hi
    I had registered in IPCC through CPT route and i am pursuing articleship training. Do i need to upload Certificate of Service? If not, any kind of CA attestation required?
    • Newser says:
      Hallo, Thanks for your comment
      Certificate of service only applicable to ca final and IPCC from direct entry student.
      As you from CPT route, certificate of service is not applicable to you. Also no need any kind of CA attestation.
  6. LALITA SARAF says:
    I have to give IPCC exam on may 2017 I had completed my articleship on 022/09/2016 so which form I had to scan and upload either CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE ( For candidates who have completed their Articleship )or or candidates who registered for/converted to Intermediate (IPC) course under the Direct Entry Scheme under the category graduates/post graduates and commenced articleship on or before 1st August, 2016 and can i take the signature of any practicing CA?
    • Ashoksinh says:
      Hi Thanks you for comment.
      i assume that you are from direct entry route, hence following certificate is applicable
      “Certificate of Service Format for candidates who registered for/converted to Intermediate (IPC) course under the Direct Entry Scheme under the category Graduates/Post Graduates”(i.e 2nd as you said) sign by your principal.
      Note- Certificate of service only applicable to CA Final student and IPCC direct entry.
  7. Dixit shah says:
    While uploading certificate of service of Completion of articleship of CA Final , I have uploaded the letter received from ICAI i.e. Article Completion Letter instead of Format given on website.
    So now what to do ?
    • Newser says:
      Hallo Dixit,
      Such things happens manytime while student apply for exam application, but ICAI never stop you for giving exam.
      at presently icai not issue any guidline for ‘what to do if wrongly uploaded certificate of service’.

As far i know: After Revieving you application, ICAI Send you a letter that ‘you have wrongly uploaded Certificate of Service’ and asked you to provide such… with sign and sendback. you need to do whatever asked in letter and sent to ICAI(address given in icai letter).
      it better to carry such Certificate of service while attemting Examination

Thanks for your comment

8. sameer says:
    Hello sir,
    I have completed my 1 yr 6 month article ship and after that I got my transfer but till now hv not registered with another CA. There is a gap of 4months so how can I fill and upload service certificate Kindly help me on this.
      Hallo Sameer.
      i did not fully understood your problem. as you said you taken transfer but not register with another ca that means you continue with old ca ?.
      as far i understand your concern, i think you can upload certificate of service sign by old principal.(Assume that you are from direct entry and applying for CA IPCC).
      Thanks for your comment
  9. Doran says:
    My frnd has cleared cpt but didn’t clear ipcc so after graduation he converted into direct entry scheme but he has not started his articleship so while filling ipcc examination form is he required to submit certificate of service ?
    • Ashoksinh says:
      hay, Thanks for your comment..
      see while applying for exam, if there is require for uploading certificate of service then you need to upload it, otherwise you not allowed to go next step i.e payment and conform.

hence your friend converted to direct entry rout need to upload COS (if asked while applying for exam).

then he need to upload form
      “Candidates who registered for Intermediate (IPC) course through CPT route and appeared in the Intermediate (IPC) Examination in one or both groups but did not pass any of the group/s and converted to Intermediate (IPC) under the Direct Entry Scheme and commenced practical training on or before 30th April 2017”
      may sign by principal whom your friend started/want to start articleship.
      because in certificate said “commenced practical training on or before 30th April, 2017”.
      i also see such problem first times, you may contact to icai sahayata for such issue

10. manoj says:
    I have complete my airticalship on 5 Oct. 2016 but still I not submit form 108 can I attached declaration form of completed service
  11. manoj says:
    In final exam. Form
      Dear Manoj
      as you not file 108, your articleship is not completed, means you currently service articleship training.
      As per my knowledge, you need to file form “The Certificate Of Service For Candidates Who Are Going To Complete Their Articleship On Or Before 30th April 2017” get the form attested by your principal
  12. Deepak Joshi says:
    My CA is not telling me my date of completion including extension. He just signed the certifate of service and told me that the date of completion is not necessary, so do upload it without the completion date. What is the remedy in this case?
      hi there,
      Date of completion is generally 3 years from starting your articleship. if your articleship start on 12/09/2013 then your date of completion of articleship is 11/09/2016. if you taken extention than date of completion is date writen in form 108 or date specifiying in letter receiving from ICAI regarding completion of articleship. you can also calculate i.e 11/09/2016 + no. of days extention teken.

if you already uploaded than no need to worry. By any means ICAI can’t hold your admit card just because discrepency has crept in while filling the form.
      if ICAI will do whenever any discrepency or mistake is found in examination form ….then…they generally send a letter to student stating that you not write require inf. etc in form pls submit the required docs……..then you need to send such inf. or docs bindaasly

13. pankaj says:
    Dear sir I have completed my articleship one year ago and now please tell me can a non practicing CA attest certificate of service
    • Ashoksinh says:
      Yes. in certificate stated that “Attestation by Principal / Member of ICAI”
      A member of ICAI can sign form because the eligibility for signing form is membership of ICAI not practice.
  14. Abhi says:
    I completed 1yr 4month articleship… nd on 11jan i taken termination for health issue. Now im going to Wright 2nd attemt of IPCC in may ….at this time im not doing articleship under any one after 3month only i can re-register with some one else .

So wheither i can take in certificate of service ….sign with some other practicing CA?bcz my old principal was out of station.

• Ashoksinh says:
      i don’t think you have more option.
      you may certified COS by other CA or Call ICAI helpline.

if you sign by other CA and if ICAI found something wrong in examination form ….then…they generally send a letter to student stating such issue and asked to submit the required docs……..then you need to send such inf./ docs bindaasly

15. kaushal says:
    My ca(principal)expired so i took transfer too but didnt join other firm yet in this case who shall attest my cos?
  16. Abhi says:
    I was unable to go at this time icai in my region…nd from morning im trying to call icai helpline but no response .

For direct entry 9mth articleship is compulsory….I think main issue is wheither i completed 9mth of articleship training or not …nd in my 1st attempt i submitted my principal sign cos hard copy to institute.

Nd at this time i taken from their termination too ..so it will not create any issue by taking sign with someother ca.

yes, you can
      generally icai not cross checking exam form or etc… even if they check and find wrong then they send you letter for submit/send such form etc.
      and also you have genuine reasons so upload BINDASLY
      Thank you for good conversation.
      Have any feedback related to my website ? please tell me i am eagerly waiting for..
  17. Abhi says:
    THank you for youR rePlY..

I fEel it gooD Work done by your sidE…on time I got thE reply..here we cAn clarify all our douts and to getting more usefull ArticlEs.

KEep it up??THanx onces again

18. Swastika lakhotia says:
    What if there is an error made in certificate.?
    • Newser says:
      Hey there, Thanks for your comment
      you already uploaded hence you cannot change
      dont worry ! if there is error made in certificate. By any means ICAI can’t hold your admit card just because discrepency has crept in while filling the form. or certificate.
      generally they not hard cross check your exam application. even if they check and find wrong then they send you letter for submit/send such form to icai.
  19. suman says:
    i have completed my 9 months articleship but i hv terminated my internship after that i hav given exam of nov 2016 attempt now i want register for may 2017 paper for that i have to take new COS or else i can submit my old CoS
      Thanks you for commment
      you have to upload New Certificate of service.
      you need to download from above table (i.e applcable to you)=>print in A4 size=> self sign and sign, seal by principal=> upload
      please ask me again if i unable to provide you satisfactory answer!
  20. Shanmukh says:
    I have transfered from pcc to IPCC my articles got com po leted during my pcc do I need to submit the article completion certificate if not what is the remedy if I have not uploaded during application of exam form
    • Newser says:
      hay, Thanks you for comment.
      see while applying for exam, if there is require for uploading certificate of service then you need to upload it, otherwise, you not allowed to go next step i.e payment and confirm.

i assume that you giving CA Final Exam. than you need to upload “Certificate Of Service For Candidates Who Have Completed Their Articleship” and sign by your principal or other member.

it noted that uploading certificate of service is only applicable to student who appering for CA FInal or CA ipcc student from Direct entry only.
      So Certificate of Service is not applicable to regular IPCC students

21. aaryana singh says:
    heyy…i have given my cpt fist attempt in december 2016 but didnt passes. so for jun 2017 i to have to upload certificate of declaration?
    plzzz help
    • Newser says:
      hay, Thanks for your comment..
      in june 2017 there is required to upload certificate of declaration you need to upload it sign by student i.e you and any member(CA)
      if you have any further query please ask me again