Shop and Establishment Registration process: Every shop and establishment required to get registered under Shops and Establishments Act, enacted by every state in India. Here follow the steps to get shop and establishment license. it also called as gumasta license or Shop and Establishment License.
Shop and establishment registration process
General Information required For Shop (gumasta) license
- Name of Shop Ex.: Gohil Stationary Mart etc.
- Name of Employer/owner of Shop Ex.: Mr. Ashok Gohil etc.
- Type of Business Ex. Stationary, Tea & Coffee Shop, Pan etc.
- Address of Shop: Address where shop located for communication.
- Address of Employer/Owner of Shop: residential Address for communication.
- Municipal Serve Number (if note available than Municipal house no. may written)
- other information required as per the Shopex Act or shop and establishment Act.
Document Required for shop and establishment registration
Following Document required for registering shop and establishment or gumasta license.
Proof of Employer/ owner of Shop and establishment
- Identity Proof: Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, Driving License or any valid proof of Identity of owner/ employer of shop and establishment
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card, Voter ID or any Valid proof of Address if owner or employer of shop and establishment.
Proof of ownership of property
- Ownership proof of Shop and establishment required for getting registration license
- Original and Copy required before applying for registration
- A valid proof may be: Electricity Bill, Property Tax, Municipal Tax, Rent agreement in the case of a different owner or any other document which shows valid ownership
- An Application form As per relevant state Act, might be available from the relevant municipality of City. Such for may also available from the general stationery store.
- For Example: As per The Bombay Shop & Establishment Act. 1948 – also Applicable to Gujarat this also called Shopex License.
- FORM A ( Application under Section 7(1) ,See Rule 5 )
- FORM B (Application under Section 7(2-A), See Rule 5)
Other Document Required
- Two recent passport size photograph of Employer/owner of shop and establishment
- Stamp of Shop and establishment
- Photos of shop and establishment (optional but recommended)
Steps for shop and establishment registration
Following steps need to be followed for registration of shop and establishment/ gumasta license:
- Collected All Information and Document as shown Above
- Fill Up All the Information in Application Form As per required Act
- take the signature of Employer/ owner were asked, attached photo if required to attached
- Attached Document which required as says above
- Submit To Shop License Dept. of Municipal Corporation of relented City
- Provide Shop license after verifying document and Officer May visit the Place where shop and establishment located if required
Recommended Download: Form A of Ahmedabad Municipal corp. AMC (only for reference actual may defer)
Online Application for Shop and Establishment Registration State Link:
The Shop and establishment Act
The Shop and Establishment Act also called gumasta Dhara in regional language.
Objectives of Act
- provide statutory obligation and rights to employees and employers in the unorganized sector of employment, i.e., shops and establishments.
- regulate the conditions of work and employment in shops, commercial establishments, residential hotels, restaurants, eating houses, theaters and other places of public entertainment.
Summary and Scope of The Shop and Establishment Act.
- Employers must send a statement in prescribed form along with a prescribed fee to Inspector of the local area, within 30 days of the commencement of the establishment.
- A state legislation; each state has framed its own rules for the Act.
- The statement contains, i) name of employer or manager if any; ii) the postal address of the establishment; iii) category of the establishment; iv) any other particulars as may be prescribed.
- The establishment may then be registered if the Inspector id satisfied with the correctness of the statement and the Certificate of Registration is issued.
- Certificate of Registration is prominently displayed at the premises of the establishment.
- Any change in the statement submitted to the Inspector must be notified in prescribed form within prescribed time limit.
- The closing of the establishment must also be notified to the Inspector within prescribed time limit.
Have any Question relating to registration of Shop and Establishment? Ask in the comment . . .